Like a Nestle Crunch bar, except not.
Undercover Quinoa is simple, toasted quinoa and chocolate plus some embellishments for a few flavors. Quite good.
“crispy organic quinoa lightly covered in premium chocolate”
I was sent a sample package for purposes of this review, however that will not affect my opinion.
The chocolates came packaged nicely. It was summer and they arrived unscathed because they were packaged with ice packs.
Undercover Quinoa comes in 5 flavor varieties:
- milk chocolate
- milk chocolate and currants
- dark chocolate and sea salt
- dark chocolate and blueberries
- dark chocolate and seeds
They use chocolate with sunflower lecithin instead of soy lecithin, making this soy free.
- 🍫simple, healthier ingredients
- 🍫gluten free
- 🍫made in gluten free facility
- 🍫dark chocolate varieties are dairy free
- 🍫fun flavors
- 🍫fair trade chocolate
- 🍫soy free
- 🍫nut free
- 🍫seed varieties have lower carbs/sugar 11 net carbs and 6g sugar
- 🍫good source of iron
- 🍫sugar content (up to 10 grams with currant variety)
- 🍫The quinoa is organic, which is very good, however it doesn’t mention any other ingredients being organic. They are non-GMO though.
- 🍫hard to find certain varieties, may need to buy online
My favorites are the dark chocolate and seeds and dark chocolate and sea salt.
Available at these retailers: Whole Foods, Fairway, Kings, Balducci’s, Bed Bath and Beyond Gourmet and Amazon.
To learn more, checkout their website Undercover Quinoa
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing.