Gluten and Grain Free Gourmet out of Ohio, is a Paleo bakery and food company. I met Jen at the Nourish Festival this year. She specializes in food products that fit the following dietary lifestyles
- grain free (no corn, rice, oats, millet, etc)
- gluten free
- soy free
- dairy free
There are also some items that are
Healing her own health conditions by going grain-free and soy-free, she now shares what she knows with others who are struggling, by coaching them. Jen also has created a variety of food items that she sells online, as well as at markets and trade shows.
I had the pleasure of testing the chocolate chip cookie and the chocolate bar that she gave me.
Motto: “Your healthy life can STILL be delicious!“
Now, I don’t have a photo of the cookie. Sorry. I meant to take a picture, but before I knew it the cookie was….gone. It was delicious.
Here is a photo of similar mini cookies that I downloaded from her website.
The Chocolate Chip Cookie was grain-free, soy-free, dairy-free, nut-free, vegan, paleo….and yet it was delicious! It was made with Tiger nuts. Yup, you heard me right. Tiger nut flour. Tiger nuts are not a nut at all. They are a tuber that is ground into flour. Apparently, it makes a good cookie.
The other item I was able to sample was the No Nut Crunch Chocolate Bar. It was solid bar of dairy-free chocolate, topped with little bits of tiger nuts to give it a little bit of a crunch.
While the chocolate bar was tasty, the cookie takes first place. It was quiet good.
- Made in a dedicated facility (gluten, grain and soy free)
- Delicious flavor
- No fillers, flavorings
- No preservatives
- Custom orders available
- No refined sugars
- Flat rate shipping
- Not available in stores
- The sweets likely high in sugar -be aware, if you are watching your sugar intake It is a cookie after all, a “sometimes treat”.
- lacking nutrition information on website*
- I have no more cookies…
* Not all the items on the website list the ingredients or nutrition information. (Keto does list carbs) Some items list ingredients. As someone who watches what they eat and pays attention to ingredients, sugar, protein, fiber etc. this is important to me when I am shopping for foods. Just a thought.
Other items include low carb bread/bagels, spice mixes, stuffing, cake rolls, whoopie pies, shortbread, and more. However, I have not tried these products.
Overall, a quality product.
To check out her other products, go to her website The Gluten and Grain Free Gourmet
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing.