Updated June 2018
Sometimes your just need to grab a snack that is quick and easy. It’s not always easy to make it a healthy snack. These are my new favorite snack bars.
These bars have (for creamy peanut butter and sea salt variety)
- 15 grams of PROTEIN
- 14 grams of FIBER
- 2 grams of SUGAR
- 17 carbs-14 fiber = 3 net carbs
- 35% DV of IRON
This varies by flavor
Some flavors have 4-5 grams of sugar due to the chocolate chips in the bars.
I find most protein bars are made with soy or soy isolate-which is not even good for you. However, the protein in RAW REV Glo bars comes from peanuts, pea protein, hemp protein and brown rice protein. There is also a prebiotic from tapioca.
They are also
- preservative free
- good source of iron
What’s not to love! Oh right, and they taste good. They do have chia seeds in them which might bother some people. I like them. They give a tiny crunch to an otherwise smooth bar.
They’re good without all crazy sweetness you get in most bars.
- They are a little greasy, but if you can get past that… The oil comes to the surface on the bar, so I usually just press the bar in a paper towel or napkin and then it’s fine. Greasy is no longer an issue.
- They have pea protein, which may just be a con for me. Too much and I tend to get gassy. So far these have not caused me any issues.
- I did not care for the mint flavor.
- many of the ingredients are organic, but not all. The peanuts and nuts are not organic. They do have a line of bars that are all organic, called Organic.
(contains peanuts-sorry peanut people)
- Peanut butter, dark chocolate and sea salt (tried and love it)
- Chocolate chip cookie dough
- Creamy peanut butter and sea salt (tried and love it)
- Crunchy peanut butter and sea salt (tried, not as good as the creamy)
- Dark chocolate cashew and mint (tried, not a fan)
- Dark chocolate espresso crunch
- Mixed nuts caramel and sea salt (tried, yum!)
- Double chocolate brownie batter
Unfortunately, I can’t find most of these flavors in stores.
Bars are available through
- their website (below)
- Whole Foods
- Lucky Vitamins (online store)
- Vitacost (online store)
- and many other local retailers.
The best price I have found is at Wegmans.
For more information and to purchase go to RAW REV Glo product website
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing. Update June 2018.