Because your family wants processed food.
So let’s find a minimally processed, tasty, healthy, snack bar. Great to grab for on the go or staying home.
Strong and Kind Bars are a tasty, savory, snack bar. A wise choice when you don’t want something very sweet. A bunch of spicy with a hint of sweet.
- low in sugar, only 5-6 grams. (Unlike Lara bars that have 18-24 grams of sugar)
- low in net carbs making them a low-glycemic snack. Roughly 12-14 net carbs
- 10 grams of protein
- 3 grams of fiber
- a good source of vitamins and minerals such as vitamins E and B, magnesium, iron, zinc, phosphorus, copper, etc.
(These don’t necessarily apply to all Kind bars, just the Sweet and Spicy variety)
The ingredients are wholesome and nutritious. Including ingredients such as almonds, pumpkin seeds, honey, assorted herbs and spices, seeds, non-gmo glucose and pea protein among others.
- This may only be a con for me. Too much pea protein makes me bloated and gassy. So I need to watch how much I get.
- I was wondering why I couldn’t find them in the store anymore. It seems they’ve changed the name. They are no longer called Strong and Kind Bars, they’ve been swapped out and are now they are called Sweet and Spicy. They’ve also changed some of the flavors.
- Still can only find them online.
Available flavors are:
- Roasted Jalapeno
- Chipotle Honey Mustard
- Sweet Cayenne BBQ
- Korean Chili
- Thai Sweet Chili
They even have a little spice meter on the back in case you are hesitant to try it.
Try them, let me know if you agree!