After learning and writing about kombucha, you know I had to check it out for myself. My daughter has been drinking it for a while and enjoys it.
I was a little apprehensive, but it wasn’t bad at all. One brand I like is Health-Ade. It has great taste and I can check it off on almost all areas when evaluating quality kombucha.
My favorite flavors so far are Reishi Chocolate and Sweet Thorn. As you might imagine, Sweet Thorn tastes like you’re drinking a rose. Health-Ade is not really sweet, some other brands of kombucha have much more sugar in them.
It comes in many flavors:
- ginger lemon
- pink lady apple
- holiday cheers (ginger, cloves, allspice and chocolate) (this sounds yummy)
- California grape
- blood orange carrot ginger (this one was good too)
- cayenne cleanse
- reishi chocolate (reishi is mushroom, by the way)
- maca berry
- matcha+ cold brew coffee
- sweet thorn
- power greens
How’s that for variety? I’ve only tried a few flavors since that’s all the stores around me carry, but I haven’t had a flavor that I really didn’t like.
According to Health-Ade, they only use the highest quality flavorings and brew it the old-fashioned way – in super small batches to control the quality of the brew. It is never outsourced.
- not high in sugar- only 2-3 grams per serving
- for the cold-pressed line – “ONLY raw cold pressed juice from organic produce”
- for the Super-Tea line – “flavored with “super-foods” found all over the world”
- fermented in glass to prevent plastic/metal leaching
- only naturally carbonated, never force-carbonated (to protect the probiotics)
- packaged in amber bottles to protect it from light
- doesn’t use any chemicals, dyes, or fillers
- certified organic
- non-GMO, vegan, and gluten-free
- most varieties are kosher
- price isn’t terrible, runs $3.49- $3.99
- can be found in most stores
- you don’t know how many probiotics you are getting
- The probiotic amount may be different for each batch due to the nature of the manufacturing process
- sometimes you get a little scoby remnant in the bottle, they say its fine to consume, but I just pick it out with a fork
What’s your favorite flavor?
For more on Health-Ade Kombucha, check out their website.
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing.
“The beginning of wisdom is this: Get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.” Proverbs 4:7