Amrita foods has had energy bars on the market for a few years now. Recent additions to their line of energy bars are protein bars and mini bars. This review covers the protein bars and mini bars.
So what is unique about the Amrita protein bars?
These bars are plant-based, raw, minimally processed, made with clean ingredients and no preservatives.
“Clean. Simple. Responsible.”
They’re sort of like Original Lara Bars. They have a similar make up and texture. They’re better though. They have fewer carbs, less sugar and more protein. However, they don’t have that protein aftertaste that some bars have. They are also nut free.
They have 15 grams of protein per bar from rice (and pea protein for some varieties). The protein is rounded out with the protein from the seeds, making a stronger amino acid profile.
I had the pleasure of tasting each flavor. My family also acted as my taste testers because they can be somewhat picky. It was unanimous. They are good. We each had a different favorite, but there weren’t any we didn’t like.
They are moist, soft, sweet-but not too sweet, good texture and tasty.
The mini bars are just smaller versions of the full size bar, for when you just want a small bite.
Flavor varieties include
- Chocolate chip coconut
- Dark chocolate quinoa
- Chocolate maca
- Pineapple chia
- Sunflower butter and jelly
- Mango coconut
- Apple cinnamon
- Allergen friendly
- 15 grams of protein
- Higher in fiber
- Non-GMO certified
- Raw- cold pressed, not heated
- No refined sugar
- No additives or preservatives
- Made in America
- While they do not contain nuts, they are made in a facility that processes nuts. Please be aware of that if you have a family member with a nut allergy.
- Not organic ingredients as far as I can tell.
- With 11-13 grams of sugar, it’s not low sugar. It’s a little higher than I would personally like to see, but since it is mostly from fruit it comes with other nutrients. So it’s not terrible, but it’s still sugar. It is also accompanied by the protein and fiber which is helpful. Still lower in sugar than some other bars though and not artificially sweetened. Depends on your daily sugar goals. Just be aware if you are monitoring your sugar intake.
Overall, I would definitely eat these again. Good product.
Where to purchase:
- Amrita website
- Dean’s Natural Market
- Walmart online
- Other smaller stores- check website’s store finder
For more information see the Amrita website.
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing.