I use this roll to make a yummy breakfast sandwich I affectionately call my “Egg BecMuffin”
It is intentionally made flat to resemble an English muffin as in an Egg McMuffin. You can make these larger as dinner rolls by making only 4 and shaping them accordingly.
They taste very good out of the oven, however, if eating them from the refrigerator, I like to slice and toast them.
They have 6 carbs and 4 grams of fiber, so that’s 2 net carbs! Also roughly 187 calories.
I put garlic powder in it, but you can put any herbs and spices in it. You can also make it hardier by adding other seeds like sunflower, poppy, pumpkin, etc. Add whatever makes your heart happy. You can also top it however you like, but I like the Everything Bagel spice mix. You can buy it in a jar. I just make my own.
If you want to be able to use it with jam or something, just make it without the garlic and the topping!
So to make my sandwich I toast the roll. Cook some oyster mushrooms, chives, egg and nitrate-free chicken breakfast sausage and slice the sausage length-wise and top the egg with it. No cheese for me because I’m dairy free but you could put cheese on it if you felt the need.
It’s a little messy to eat but so what?
2 Carb Roll
- 3/4 almond flour (100 grams)
- 2 Tbsp psyllium husk fiber powder (I’ve used both Yerba Prime and CVS)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chia seeds (I grind mine)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp garlic powder (depending on how strong you like it)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (can save the yolks for an “egg Becmuffin”)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp ghee or plant based butter or butter
- 4 tbsp boiling water
- everything bagel spice topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease muffin top tin (6 middle spaces)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs, cider and melted ghee in a small bowl.
- Have the boiling water ready to go.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir it together. Works well using spatula.
- Add the boiling water and combine thoroughly. Let it sit a minute or two so the psyllium can absorb the water.
- Divide the dough equally in the 6 muffin top cups. Smooth and sprinkle muffins with Everything Bagel mix.
9. Bake for 30 minutes, until the muffins start to brown and sound hollow when tapped. Cool a few minutes before removing.
I like to slice mine and toast it before eating!
Store in the refrigerator. Can also be frozen!
3 thoughts on “Low Carb Roll”
When I get to heaven I am going to cook like you!
LikeLiked by 1 person