Updated August 2019
Chickpea snacks are popping up left and right. With good reason. Chickpeas are nutritious*. Lebby snacks made them enjoyable to eat.
Like many legumes, chickpeas help regulate blood sugar, the insoluble fiber in chickpeas help support colon health, help regulate cholesterol and they help you stay full longer.
They are high in phytonutrients, manganese, folate, copper, fiber, protein and more.
Chickpeas have a nutty taste and a soft, pasty texture. They are often used in hummus, salad bars and Middle Eastern dishes. But chocolate? These are great with chocolate!
Sesame seeds are a good source of copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, calcium phosphorus and other nutrients. They are also a rich source of phytosterols.*
Lebby snacks has introduced their new line of chickpea snacks. I was introduced to them recently at the GFAF Expo and they grew on me quickly.
“Inspired by the artisan who roast chickpeas, we created a traditional snack with modern, bold, delicious flavors, making them tasty and fun to eat!”
These are soft and chewy, unlike other chickpea snacks which are crunchy. The sesame honey flavor is crispy but not crunchy.
Lebby chickpeas are a healthy, tasty, satisfying snack. These have just enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it.
1 serving is 1/4 cup and there are 2 servings in each small package (2 oz). The larger package has 3.5 servings in its 3.5 oz bag.
There are 4 flavors
- sesame honey
- dark chocolate
- milk chocolate
- protein -3-4 grams of protein per serving
- fiber -3- grams of fiber per serving
- 120-160 calories per serving
- gluten free
- vegan (dark chocolate only)
- sesame is not vegan but it is dairy free
- dry roasted
- soy-free (sesame honey only- chocolates have minor amounts of soy lecithin)
- Can be high in calories if you over do it
- The website says it’s only available online (sold in 4 packs) or in select stores in Manhattan, however it found them at Shoprite.
- In the spirit of an honest review, which is what I strive for, while everything mentioned above is correct, it is not accurately reflected on the original packaging. They acknowledge this and say they have updated the new packaging and it is totally accurate.
- The protein and fiber amounts on the front of the package are misleading because it is per package, not per serving.
- Your friends might eat yours
- Sugar 7-10 grams per serving
My favorite flavor is the dark chocolate. The honey chickpea is good too, they have a lighter, slightly sweeter taste. I haven’t actually tried the mocha and the milk chocolate because they aren’t dairy free. The mocha sounds like it would be delicious.
**I strive to give an honest opinion and accurate information. All information was accurate at the time of publishing.