Chickpea snacks are popping up left and right. With good reason. Chickpeas are nutritious*. Lebby snacks made them enjoyable to eat.
Like many legumes, chickpeas help regulate blood sugar, the insoluble fiber in chickpeas help support colon health, help regulate cholesterol and they help you stay full longer.
They are high in phytonutrients, manganese, folate, copper, fiber, protein and more.
Chickpeas have a nutty taste and a soft, pasty texture. They are often used in hummus, salad bars and Middle Eastern dishes. But chocolate? These are great with chocolate!
Sesame seeds are a good source of copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron, calcium phosphorus and other nutrients. They are also a rich source of phytosterols.*
Lebby snacks has introduced their new line of chickpea snacks. I was introduced to them recently at the GFAF Expo and they grew on me quickly.
“Inspired by the artisan who roast chickpeas, we created a traditional snack with modern, bold, delicious flavors, making them tasty and fun to eat!”
These are soft and chewy, unlike other chickpea snacks which are crunchy. The sesame honey flavor is crispy but not crunchy.
Lebby chickpeas are a healthy, tasty, satisfying snack. These have just enough sweetness to satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it.
1 serving is 1/4 cup and there are 2 servings in each small package (2 oz). A larger package will be available soon.
There are 4 flavors
- sesame honey
- dark chocolate
- mocha (January 2018)
- milk chocolate (January 2018)
- good source of protein -6 grams of protein per serving
- good source of fiber -5 grams of fiber per serving
- lower in sugar– 6-7 grams of sugar per serving
- 120-140 calories per serving
- gluten free
- vegan (sesame and dark chocolate only)
- dry roasted
- soy-free (sesame honey only- chocolates have minor amounts of soy lecithin)
- can be high in calories if you over do it
- only available online (sold in 4 packs) or in select stores in Manhattan – won’t be available in more stores until after new flavors are released
- in the spirit of an honest review, which is what I strive for, while everything mentioned above is correct, it is not accurately reflected on the original packaging. They acknowledge this and say they have updated the new packaging and it is totally accurate.
- your friends might eat yours
My favorite flavor is the dark chocolate. The honey chickpea is good too, they have a lighter, slightly sweeter taste. I haven’t actually tried the mocha and the milk chocolate because they’re not out yet. The mocha sounds like it would be delicious.